Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I Think It Is Stress...

...And my doctor agrees with me. I went in to the doctor's office to get checked out because I have been fatigued over the past several weeks and had a few incidences of heart palpitations. I was so tired, it felt like someone had been secretly drugging me. The more fatigued I got, the more I felt like I should rest, but that didn't seem to help much. I even took a pregnancy test because I've missed a period. It was negative.


However, my other tests, the lab tests my doctor ordered came back all in normal ranges. Having PCOS means having a high risk for out of control blood sugar and insulin levels. These can also cause fatigue. My fasting blood sugar was in the 80's, my blood sugar levels have average 92 over the past few months, my insulin levels were in normal range, and my thyroid hormone was back in normal range. I wasn't producing enough a while ago.


So...the one thing that I can think of that might cause fatigue, missed periods, and heart palpitations is stress. I've been fairly stressed out with the end of nursing school and all that entails. I've taken on a lot in the past few months with planning a baby shower, my mom's big decade birthday (can't tell you how old she is, she'd kill me), running a fundraiser, and planning the student-run graduation ceremony.


I'm going to try the one cure that I know that works well for me: cardio exercise. I think that along with relaxation, time management, adequate sleep, and a big shot of fun, I should be back to normal in no time. We'll see how that works and if everything gets back on track. I hope everyone out there reading this also has good ways to relieve the stress in your lives. It can seriously impact your health if you let it.

No comments:

Post a Comment